Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

oracle search

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Cloning 11i with 10g database (you may need a patch

I faced the following error while configuring database when cloning apps 11i with 10g database and it happens directly after entering the path of the third data_top (by the way the script will always assume you have 4 data_tops even if you have more/less data_tops)

StackTrace:
java.lang.NullPointerException
at oracle.apps.ad.context.CloneContext.createContextFileForDbhomes(CloneContext.java:2816)
at oracle.apps.ad.context.CloneContext.getInputFromUsers(CloneContext.java:1485)
at oracle.apps.ad.context.CloneContext.doClone(CloneContext.java:627)
at oracle.apps.ad.context.CloneContext.main(CloneContext.java:6085)

On metalink there was the solution on Note:427981.1 Subject:RC-50004 When Specifying DATA_TOPS While Cloning a 10.2 Database
And the solution is to apply a patch with a version of CloneContext.java above 115.203. the following are possibilities patches

Patch 5473292, Patch 5732291, Patch 5604818, Patch 5456078, Patch 5474116

Well I did not do that because this means that I have to apply the patch and recopy the database, which take time.
So I recreate the database manually using control file. And when try to open the database I issued
SQL>alter database open resetlogs;
It failed with the following
alter database open resetlogs
*
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-01113: file 1 needs media recovery
ORA-01110: data file 1: '/ora_dev/data/system01.dbf'
Even though the database was completely down when I copied it I faced this error the good thing is 2 days ago I was reading bas post http://basklaassen.blogspot.com/2008/01/recover-database.html
I followed the steps for recovery and provided the path to my online log files and the recovery completed successfully.
Next down time for the production database for sure I will apply one of the patches above.

Hope that helped
Fadi

No comments: